The Education and Mentoring Training Program: is designed for high-school students fifteen and up who are interested in gaining experience with children with disabilities. In this program they will learn how to use Biscayne Bay as a classroom to improve participants’ academic and social skills through water sports and enrichment activities. Mentors will gain valuable life skills, community service hours and experience that will assist them with their college applications. The Mentoring program’s goal is to provide an enriched opportunity for students to serve our children within the community.
Shake-A-Leg Miami (SALM) has teamed up with Spirit of America, The Children’s Trust, The Advocacy Network, Project RISE of Nova, UM-NSU CARD and Coast Guard.
1. How do I get started?
- Fill out the application or email Cynthia@shakealegmiami.org.
2. How do I register for training(s)?
- The training calendar will be available on the website.
- You may also contact Cynthia@shakealegmiami.org for more information.
3. What training is needed to volunteer in the summer?
- Mentor Orientation,
- Intro to Inclusion and Autism Awareness
- Boaters License.
4. I took the trainings in 2017. Do I need to take them again?
- Mentor Orientation, Intro to Inclusion and Autism Awareness must be renewed each year.
- The Boaters License does not need to be renewed.
5. Is it possible to collect hours now?
- You must email Cynthia@shakealegmiami.org for more information.
Please contact Cynthia, if you have any other questions or concerns via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to complete the form.